01/05/2008

DARLING BUDS OF MAY!

Hey guys, hope you're good. I haven't abandoned my blog, i love it too much if i say so myself. Hope u've had a great week so far.Its the first day of may, which means we are drawing nearer towards summer oouuuuii(french for yes lol).
Since you last heard from me, this is what i have been up to other than coursework.

My friend has a 50th birthday party to attend(groovy huh)?She wanted me to come with an outfit for her. However, i couldnt choose the fabric personally as they were using "aso-ibi(hope i spelt it right lol) for the party.

So there i was clueless wondering what the fabric would be (weight-wise/color)She brought the fabric, it wasnt really what i had in mind, cos personally i am not really ankara's greatest fan and i was hoping the colors would be bright, they werent bright however they were bold(so i found potential in that).

You know lately i have been on about stepping out of your comfort zone so that seemed like an opportunity to do so.
So i showed her a few designs and she chose the one she liked most, and then i got cracking.

What i love most about the outfit is its versatility, in the sense that she is not restricted as to how she can wear it. Pics below x x x x

As a halter-neck,overlapped unevenly or as a sash


As a laid-on collar....or she could even take if off completely.
And give it a little vintage twist with a bow-tie.

I had so much fun working on her outfit especially the embroidery work (hand stitching the sequins).

I'll keep you updated have a great weekend,(try and step out of your comfort zone this weekend, it might just lead to something great). Signing out.

Blossombymi-le x x x........

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! why did u sign out of msn? were u scared?!!!!
u r a very naughty girl. u now put my picture there!!!!!! LOL. dont mind me. ooooh, cant wait to rock it properly, with the right shirt underneath.
Thanks a lot lovey. I LOOOOOOVE the outfit.
xx

MissBalance said...

Absolutely beautiful. So chic and I love the bow-tie effect. Yaaayyy!! Gotta hook me up o!

Mr Starks said...

thats a really lovely outfit Mile, props on that my dear.

Blossombymi-le said...

thanks a lot people! x

Anonymous said...

the bow-tie config is haute... not so much the way shes wearing it..

Fausset said...

first time on ur blog....lovely designs, loved the bits of "coutureness" u added on the dress.

Blossombymi-le said...

thank u :-)

DanFodio said...

mad prints! super designs!
im loving it loving it loving it loving it. loving it like this...
:]

Blossombymi-le said...

lol thanks