17/04/2008

DAYLIGHT!

So initially i thought to blog once a month, but a few people advised me to do more of it...well here it is......

Its the first week of our tailoring classes. By tailoring i mean outerwear(suits and jackets) not the nigerian perception of a tailor(sew me my up and down lol)just joking ooo.

We have been warned that tailoring really is challenging, it takes a lot in terms of the construction work, structure,cut blah blah

Had my first modelling class in tailoring today. The first pic was a demonstration by my modelling tutor, a basic simple jacket


I decided to take it a step/steps further, so heres my first ever modelled jacket yayy!!




So now we're focusing on tailoring-womenswear, but i have been wanting to get my hands on menswear for sometime now........

However, i have had doubts in my mind, cos doing that i would be stepping out of my comfort zone. Questions come to mind like:


1. drawing men? too used to drawing the female figure (love my curves).

2.The male silhouette? or do they have more than one?(rectangle/upside down triangle)

3. working on a different contoured body?

Okay so we've been warned tailoring is hard hard work, i really want to step out of my comfort zone but are all these excuses? Been reading this book, its called "Gods Leading Lady, out of the shadow and into the light"(dont really read books that much but been trying).
There's this bit called "Cues and Excuses", i read it today. Lord could you be talking to me?

So i'll leave it till tomorrow and hear what the(school people) say lol.

Daylight i need u, your will be done...................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loves it...God leading fashion designer...!!!yayy!!!..fi..xxlol...at the Nigerian Tailor steevs...lol pls remove this damn comment mod!! ahh ahh!!!

Anonymous said...

it's looks lovely so far. keep us updated on the progress.

& i agree with ditching the one post a month(12 posts a yr?), I'd prefer more posts spread over the month, even if they were short, a picture, or quick update.

ps: hmm about the male body, get models and check ;)

Anonymous said...

Ma Belle u give me jokes, i'ld be updating this week..x x x